This workshop will focus on low-risk painting activities, engaging the artist within you and providing some useful tools to advance your painting practice. Students will explore different mediums and develop a better understanding of how to create a non-objective image on paper.
Lessons and demos will be held inside the studio but students will be painting on tables provided in the gardens around the studio, weather permitting.
Coffee, tea, and baked goods will be provided each day and on the final afternoon a small celebration of our efforts will conclude the workshop.
Cost: $250 (includes tax) Deadline for payment is August 16th, 2018
How to Register:
e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org; cheque made payable to Todd Clark; credit card or cash.
Maximum 12 artists (beginners to advance welcome) This generally books up fast, so act quickly.
I ask that you bring as many of the following items as you can but if you can’ t locate something, I will have extra (it will cost ya a bottle of wine, though).
- Paints - oils or acrylics: variety of colours
- Watercolour or Rag paper (gessoed on one side)- 4 large sheets 30”x 28” approx
- Glossy magazines (as many as you can spare)
- Tray or palette or paper plates
- Painting gloves
- Plastic wrap to cover used paints
- Mineral spirits/paint thinner(for oils)
- Brushes - various sizes
- Pallet knives - smaller sizes
- Acrylic medium
- Apron or shirt to protect clothes
- Bagged lunch
- Bear spray (kidding, I have some)